Friday, April 11, 2014

Wild Card, the light at the end of the tunnel is visible (Blog #11)

The final project of Intro to Film Production. I kind of wished I had a director or, preferably, a DP position. But no, I'm the producer on this one. Which is not a bad thing. Producers have a lot of input into the making the film. And I think I can offer my help to my fellow crew members in their general areas.

I hope to do some screenwriting for this project. I know the director will have the final say on what the 5-minute film will be about. But I at least want to help solidify the script and make it good. My group has already begun working on the next drafts of the script. Our director, Anthony, wrote the base script, and I went through it with a fine-tooth comb and fixed the grammatical errors, and then went and fixed/added dialogue and actions that would be beneficial to the script. The film will be a mockumentary/comedy of making a student film. What's great about this is that our group will be inserting a lot of our own stories that we had while making films for our Intro to Film Production class.

I've never been a producer by myself, but when it comes to film, I'm always willing to try new things. I hope to accomplish getting everything that my group needs to make this project, gets us the perfect location to shoot, and make sure everything is in place from start to the finish of this project. I hope to be the best producer I could possibly be. I like treating every film related project seriously. I think it will improve the turn out of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment